What Information Does WVUSA Collect?
WVUSA collects the following information:
• Automatic Information generated from user interface with the site. We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us and the Site. If you subscribe to automatically receive information updates, for example, the date and time of your last login is recorded. Your IP address is also recorded when you visit the Site. Like many websites, we use "cookies" (which are discussed in more detail below). We also collect and store anonymous site usage data, and we use Google Analytics.
What Does WVUSA Do with the Information We Collect?
WVUSA uses the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect, and improve the Site and the services we provide on it. We also use this information to do the following:
• Improve our goods and services.
• Maintain Google Analytic Reports which track non-personal Site traffic activity for the purpose of improving the Site and providing the best services possible to Site visitors/users, including determining the content of greatest interests to Site visitors and what types of devices are accessing the Site.
• Send you information you subscribed to, which may include information about third parties you may find interesting and/or beneficial.
• Restore lost data or help in resolving site visitor issues.
• Correspond with WVUSA page administrators regarding inquiries about national and state web pages (including the Site) and other items.
Disclosure of Information to Outside Parties
WVUSA will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We also reserve the right to share or disclose your information in the following situations:
• If such sharing and/or disclosure is necessary for a third-party to perform certain business-related functions (such as the Site's hosting company and web master, or our internet service provider) in which case the third-party will be provided with only the information that it needs to perform its function and will be required to protect the information;
• To protect the legal rights, privacy, or safety of your organization, its subsidiaries, and/or affiliates or your organization or your employees, agents, and/or contractors;
• To protect the safety and security of visitors to our Site;
• To protect against fraud or other illegal activity or for risk management purposes;
• To respond to inquiries or requests from public authorities;
• To permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that you may sustain; and
Security of Online and Offline Information
WVUSA is committed to ensuring that your online and offline information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, WVUSA has put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling Your Personal Information
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. If you choose, you may restrict our collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Do not purchase any goods and services that may be included on the Site.
• "Unsubscribe" to online information updates you previously subscribed to from the Site.
• Do not visit hyperlinked sites referenced on the Site. WVUSA is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites.
• Do not send WVUSA e-mails, faxes, postal mail or use other communications to include text messages and telephone calls.