Library of Documents
- » 10 Findings About Women in the Workplace (December 2013)
- Ten key findings from a new Pew Research Center survey and analysis of Census data explore the views, values and economic realities of women and men in the workplace.
- » Employment and Careers Issues Brief for Women Veterans (March 2012)
- The Business and Professional Women's Foundation published this brief as part of their "Women Veterans in Transition Research Project." Supporting women veterans requires a multi-pronged approach including research, mentoring and support, employment transition programs, employer practices, and policies.
- » Employment Assistance Guide for Service Providers Helping Homeless Veterans (January 2010)
- The U.S. Department of Labor-Veterans' Employment and Training Service (USDOL-VETS) produced this guide to serve as a quick reference resource to assist government agencies, community-based organizations, social workers, case managers and others who are helping homeless veterans prepare for and obtain employment.
- » Employment of Women Veterans in the Federal Government (March 2015)
- The Council on Veterans Employment Women Veterans Initiative report is a summary of the findings of the Women Veteran's Initiative.
- » Fact Sheet: Women Veterans (Department of Labor VETS Program) (2015)
- Women veterans comprise 10 percent of the veteran population, but only 2 percent of all working women in America. Research clearly showed that there are no employment challenges exclusive to women veterans.
- » Highlights of Women's Earnings in 2013 (BLS Report)
- This report presents earnings data from the Current Population Survey (CPS), a national monthly survey of approximately 60,000 households conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau for the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- » Hire a Veteran: Employer Toolkit
- The Department of Labor's "Hire a Veteran" site provides employers with tools and resources to assist them with employing veterans.
- » Library: Women Veteran Employment (Department of Labor)
- The Department of Labor Veterans' Employment & Training Services (VETS) Women Veterans' Program library offers employment webinars, fact sheets, and other related links.
- » Operation Warfighter (OWF)
- Operation Warfighter (OWF) is a Department of Defense-sponsored internship program for wounded, ill, and injured (WII) Service members. OWF places WII Service members in supportive work settings that positively impact their rehabilitation.
- » Women Veterans & Employment: Opportunities for Future Research (2015)
- The Department of Labor Veterans' Employment & Training Services (VETS) Women Veteran Program conducted a broad analysis of women veterans' employment. Research challenges and research opportunities were identified.