Library of Documents
- » Guide: Personal Finance for Military Families (2009)
- This guide, a collaboration between the Better Business Bureau and Kiplinger's Personal Finance, provides practical, easy-to-understand information about being financially prepared for deployment, buying a home, minimizing taxes, holding down insurance costs and avoiding financial schemes that too often target military families.
- » Guides: Learning How to Manage Your Money and Finances
- The Veterans Financial Coalition offers a comprehensive library on practical money and financial management for military servicemembers and veterans.
- » Veteran Economic Opportunity Report (2015)
- VA evaluated the economic competitiveness of Veterans versus non-Veterans to inform policy, guide improvement strategies, and effectively communicate national priorities. Baseline data and information that clarifying current economic outcomes of Veterans and Transitioning Servicemembers is included in this initial report.
- » Why Financial Literacy Matters After Returning Home from War: Reducing Veteran Homelessness by Improving Money Management (Winter 2014/2015)
- Mental illness and substance abuse are often cited root causes of veteran homelessness but sometimes an overlooked factor in veteran homelessness is difculty with financial literacy.